Aged Red Wine
Marça - Montsant
Free shipping on orders over 120€** within MAINLAND Spain// 1-3 working days. // TARRAGONA CITY: Free Shipping from 25€// TARRAGONA PROVINCE: Flat rate of 5.50€ // BALEARIC ISLANDS AND PORTUGAL: reduced rate for orders over 190€// INTERNATIONAL: 3-10 working days. Reduced rate for orders over 350€
Region: Cataluña – DO Montsant
Grape Varieties: 100% Grenache
Type: Aged Red Wine
Alcohol Volume: 14.5%
Serving Temperature: 15º - 18ºC
Small winery in the village of Marça, a small town within the Denomination of Origin of Montsant. Founded in 2013 after the actual proprietor Fernando Grajales bought the winery together with the building attached, a rural house, to the previous owner and winemaker Josep Grau, whom was already making wines in the property. With a new direction and ownership, this young project has been revived and has taken up with renewed vigor to produce a new line of unique and elegant wines of grand diversity and quality. Wines that are selected from old vines between 40 and 100 years in age sourced from their own plots located in different villages with different orientations and 5 different types of soil, clay, granite, sandy, calcareous and the typical slate soil, locally known as llicorella.
Dosterras is a 100% Grenache wine, selected from grapes selected from their own finca “Pedrenyeres” and other plots in the municipality of Marça and Bellmunt del Priorat. Vines of over 55 years in age growing on 5 different type of soils and different orientation at an altitude between 315 and 380 meters above sea level. Fermented in stainless steel tanks for 20 days. Matured for 14 months in French oak barrels of which 70% is used and the rest 30% is new oak.
Tasting Notes: All elegance and harmony, capturing the essence of the terroir where it comes from. A complex mix of cherries, raspberry aromas, plums and floral notes perfectly balanced by spices. On the palate with subtle oak, spice and chocolate flavours, concentrated yet elegant with nicely balanced tannins.
Notes: Enjoy it perfectly over the next 10 years + after being bottled.
No customer reviews for the moment.