Red Wine aged
Vi de Vila - Porrera- DOQ Priorat
Carignan, Grenache, Syrah and Merlot
Free shipping on orders over 120€** within MAINLAND Spain// 1-3 working days. // TARRAGONA CITY: Free Shipping from 25€// TARRAGONA PROVINCE: Flat rate of 5.90€ // BALEARIC ISLANDS AND PORTUGAL: reduced rate for orders over 190€//
Region: Porrera - D.O.Q. Priorat
Grape Varieties: 70% Carignan, 15% Grenache, 10% Syrah and Merlot
Type: Red wine, oak aged
Alcohol Volume: 15% Vol
Serving Temperature: 16º - 18º
Small production elaborated by the Duran brothers, Diego and Eduardo, from low-yielding Centenarian Carignan and Grenache vines sourced from a tiny 2.5-hectare plot in the Porrera district. This plot is farmed organically on a very steep slope with a gradient of almost 60% and is made up of the characteristic "llicorella" or slate soils. The Syrah and Merlot grapes come from younger vines that are 20 years old.
There were just 800 bottles produced.
The wine is commercialised as "Vi de Vila", under the new legislation introduced in 2009 by the DOQ Priorat, which recognises and protects each region's unique characteristics (vinicultural, climatic, soil, etc.) with the purpose of highlighting their characteristics.
85% of the wine has spent 18 months in new and second-year French oak barrels; the other 15% has spent 18 months in crystal demijohns under the water.
Delicious Grenache nose; rounded and ripe, mature black cherry, jammy fruit, raisins, liquorice, floral notes with a light toasted touch. Creamy with a succulent, rich dark fruit palate, sweet raising, minerality, chocolate, and spice; very firm, fresh structure with great balance.
Notes: It is recommended to decant the wine before serving.
No customer reviews for the moment.